Last Updated: 12.02.19
This policy applies to the work of the Association of Land Rover Club Limited (ALRC). The policy sets out the requirement that the ALRC must gather personal data for membership purposes under the Companies Act 2006. (Under this Act it is a requirement that the name and address of a former member is retained for ten years after they cease to be a member).
1. The policy details how personal data will be stored and managed in line with data protection principles and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The policy is reviewed on an ongoing basis by the ALRC Council to ensure that the ALRC is compliant under the regulations.
2. The ALRC have determined that the lawful basis for holding and processing data on personal members is Legitimate Interest for the purpose of administrating of the Association.
3. The ALRC Council is the Data Controller with the contact being the current General Secretary. Full details are available via the current ALRC Handbook and website.
4. The forms used to request personal information will contain a privacy notice (detailed in this document) informing members as to why the information is being requested and what the information will be used for. The ALRC Council will seek to ensure that personal member information is not used inappropriately and to this end will appoint a Data Processor. This will be the current Membership Officer.
5. Appropriate use of information provided by members will include:
a. Communication with members about the ALRC events and activities.
b. Sending members the ALRC Members Handbook. This will be done via a printer who is a third party Data Processor that the ALRC has entered an agreement with.
c. Communication with members about their membership and any specific issues associated with their membership of the ALRC.
6. Members will be asked to provide information that is relevant for membership purposes which will include:
a. Name, Postal address, Email address, Telephone number
b. The ALRC has a responsibility to ensure members information is kept up to date. Members will be asked to let the ALRC know if any of their information changes.
7. The ALRC Council is responsible for ensuring that the ALRC remains compliant with data protection requirements and shall ensure that new members joining the ALRC Council receive an induction into how data protection is managed within the ALRC. The ALRC Council will review what data is held, data protection and who has access to information on a regular basis.
8. The ALRC Council has assessed that the data held on members is readily available from many sources and that therefore the harm that could be caused to any individual by loss or theft of the data held by the ALRC is insignificant. The ALRC Council have a responsibility to ensure that the data is both securely held and processed. In this consideration the following will apply:
a. Only grant access of personal data of members to those on the Council who need to communicate with members.
b. Using password protection on electronic devices that contain or access personal information.
The following statement will be included on club membership applications and renewals:
1. The Association of Land Rover Clubs can be contacted by post addressed to 1A Duncan Avenue, Huncote, LE9 3AN. The ALRC has a legitimate interest in using the personal data you give to the ALRC on this form for the purpose of communicating with you on matters relating to the ALRC and to pass to the distributor of the ALRC Handbook to facilitate his delivery to your home address.
2. Your personal data will not be transferred to any other person or organisation and will be deleted from the ALRC records in line with the Companies Act 2006. You have the right to request from the ALRC access to and rectification of your personal data. If you feel that your personal data has been misused you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
This policy was proposed at the ALRC Council meeting held on 3rd February 2018 and subsequently produced by the General Secretary for introduction to the member clubs at the Association’s Annual General Meeting on 17th March 2018.
Association of Land Rover Clubs Limited by Guarantee. Registered in England No. 01806788. Registered Office: 11 Kingfisher Business Park, Lakeside, Redditch, Worcestershire B98 8LG.
Site by the ALRC Webmaster